3. They help STOPPING THE SPREAD OF A PROSTATE CANCER due to capsaicin and help PREVENT STOMACH ULCERS by killing bacteria you may have ingested, while stimulating the cells lining the stomach to secrete protective buffering juices.
4. One of the major benefits lies in its ability to LOWER A RISK OF TYPE 2 DIABETES. According to the studies it it proven that the amount of insulin required to lower blood sugar after a meal is reduced if the meal contains chilli pepper. When chilli-containing meals are a regular part of the diet, insulin requirements drop even lower.
5. Among CARDIOVASCULAR BENEFITS, chilli peppers also help in CLEARING CONGESTION, BOOSTING IMMUNITY and LOOSING WEIGHT.
Chilli con carne
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Per Serving 1237 calories
Fat 27 g
Carbs 186 g
Protein 68 g
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 fresh or dried chilli pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground origan
- 400 grams tinned red kidney beans
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes
- 200 grams corn
- 500 grams quality minced beef
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander / cilantro
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 400 grams basmati rice
- 1 sweet potato
- 500 grams natural yoghurt (or low fat greek yoghurt)
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- Chop the vegetables (onions, garlic, carrots, corn, red bell pepper), heat up a big pot, add olive oil and throw in chopped vegetables.
- Add chilli, cumin and oregano with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir once in a while every 5-7 minutes until vegetables are softened and lightly coloured.
- Add kidney beans (I used red), tomatoes and minced beef and stir it properly, adding a bit of water if necessary (or even extra chopped fresh tomatoes if needed).
- Chop the coriander stalks and stir it in.
- After you added all these ingredients, add two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, bring to the boil and turn the heat down to a simmer for an hour approximately.
- This dish is best served either with white rice and yoghurt, or you can add a little twist to the meal and serve it with baked sweet potato, sliced avocado and lime on the side.