Have you heard of a spiritual seed called Rudraksha? I haven’t until I was invited for a special event that presented very special jewelry containing this seed.. Frankly, I went there to have fun, to switch off my brain and just not work for once. Well, almost. The seeds themselves are supposed to bring positive energy into your life, to lift you up and help in seeking your own personal balance. The moment I saw bracelets with this special seed, I was hypnotised. I must admit that I was undergoing enormously stressful period in my life, you know those months (not days, months) when they say “When it rains it pours”? Well, I was hit by a freaking tsunami.
Some time has passed and I couldn’t get that spiritual collection out of my head.. I was constantly thinking about it and what’s truly surprising, I kept wondering how does Rudrakhsa taste (umm, yeah, I lost my mind, I know). After many days of avoiding that temptation, I became intrigued more and more from a professional point of view. After all, I’ve never tried matching an organic “object” (read “non consumable”) to a TASTE.
Finally, one evening I marched into the kitchen and with the warmth in my stomach I started creating the perfect perception of this beautiful jewelry collection. The taste that lifts you up and comforts you at the same time. The taste that makes you feel the peace running through your veins.. The taste of Rudraksha.
Ice Cream à La Rudraksha
- 1 cup (220 ml) whipping cream
- 1 espresso (short black coffee)
- 2 shots Baileys
- 2 tablespoons caramel
- handful fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons crushed dark chocolate
- In a small saucepan heat up the cream and once it reaches a boiling point, set aside to cool off a bit.
- Add coffee, caramel and two shots of Baileys to the cream.
- Let rest for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then pour the mixture into the small plastic cups.
- Add few raspberries, crushed chocolate and a wooden stick into each cup.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours.
What do you think, isn’t the taste of coffee, caramel & Baileys simply breathtaking? xx