Breakfasts are magical. And that applies to morning oats, too. I’m pretty sure you don’t have much time to sit down and enjoy a home prepared breakfast during your working days, but weekends are always there and morning oats is one way how to celebrate that peaceful serenity. Besides, this recipe allows you to prepare your breakfast ahead and save some valuable morning time during your work days.
You can prepare morning oats two ways; vegan and vegetarian. The difference is only in the milk really, other ingredients are packed with nutrients and will leave you full and satisfied at least until lunch.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Number of servings: 2
Per Serving 529 calories
Fat 26 g
Carbs 61 g
Protein 19 g
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) oats (feel free to mix different types of oats, they're healthy!)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk (almond and coconut for VEGAN option, classic milk for VEGETARIAN)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate
- handful almonds
- handful walnuts
- fresh blueberries to garnish
- Fill a small bowl with warm water and soak up sultanas for few minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat up milk and add oats, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds and chia seeds.
- Stir well and let rest for at least 5-6 minutes, oats and seeds need time to soak up milk and become deliciously smooth.
- Drain and dry sultanas and put them in a glass or a bowl.
- Top with oats, dark chocolate (it will melt on warm oats, amazing), almonds, walnuts and blueberries.
Will you try them? 🙂