Dear diary…. let me tell you about my Monday’s Aperitivo moment..
Nah, it’s Monday and it’s snowing. At the end of April! I’m used to all kinds of weather but I truly wasn’t expecting December’s visit this late at night. All my fluffy and fuzzy dreams of those Aperitivo moments, those warm spring evenings spent with friends on a picnic blanket with great food and a glass of Aperol spritz are still soooo distant.. And maybe you wonder why Aperol spritz? Because it’s dang delicious, that’s why.
Well, I’m not on a picnic nor hugged by the sun, the only reminder that the spring in Prague is truly here hangs on my wall in a form of a calendar… So let’s celebrate illegal Mondays and afternoon drinks, shall we.
Salmon Sashimi with Mango Sorbet
- 150 grams raw salmon
- 1 lime
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 mango
- handful fresh mint
- handful ice cubes
- Use a very, very sharp knife to cut salmon into thin slices. Arrange them on the plate.
- Cut lime in half and use one half to sprinkle salmon sashimi with lime juice.
- Squeeze the other half and pour lime juice in a blender, add mango and ice, blend for about 2-3 minutes to create a sorbet.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and fresh mint leaves on salmon slices, add a scoop of mango sorbet and serve!
- Just make sure you freeze the salmon before consuming it raw, salmon meat may contain certain parasites that are completely eliminated (killed) by freezing the meat for at least few days. Better safe than sorry.
Such fresh dish is ideal for warm spring and summer days as well as when you need your diet to go slightly lighter.