Don’t you love it when it cooks by itself?
There’s literally nothing better than dishes that you don’t need to assist all the time. These one pot vegan pasta with mushrooms and spinach are a perfect example of cooking delicious food AND doing something else alongside, too.
This recipe is cooked under half an hour and you don’t need too many ingredients to complete it. If you’re plant based than this recipe is to die for; creamy, tasty and guilt-free! If you are an animal product consumer, give it a try, the delicious taste may surprise you 😉
One Pot Vegan Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms
- 250 grams pasta of your choice
- 150 grams mushrooms ideally fresh, if they are medium or large, slice into smaller pieces
- 150 grams spinach ideally fresh, washed
- 2 tbsp olive oil virgin
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot diced
- 500 ml vegetable broth 2 cups
- 300 ml rice or almond unsweetened milk 1 1/2 cups
- pinch salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 fresh lemon
- extra vegan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large wide skillet over medium heat and toss in mushrooms. Cook for minute or two, then add diced shallot and minced garlic, sprinkle with salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes more, stirring often.
- Add vegetable broth, plant based milk, spinach and season a bit with salt. Stir well and add your favourite uncooked pasta. Gently stir and bring to boil, then reduce the heat.
- Cook on a low heat for about 20 minutes or until the sauce doesn’t start sticking onto the pasta. Stir occasionally.
- Season with salt & pepper, add a splash of fresh lemon and serve!
I’m mentioning “adding lemon juice” at the end. Spinach is very rich in iron among other vitamins and minerals; adding vitamin C helps your body absorb way more of these goodies (especially iron!) compared to eating it without adding vitamin C.
Enjoy your quick Sunday lunch or dinner!