Snacks play an undeniable role in our daily lives. We may feel that they lack some sort of importance, however, how many times you caught yourself looking for something small to eat around 10 am to chase away growing hunger before the lunch? Or those “I need something sweet” attacks around 4 pm…. Oh God those are the worst! Whether it’s your third latte, or few chips from your colleague, we do snack.
Today I’m posting here on my blog a snack truly worth the sin 😉 It’s inspirational and versatile, feel free to snack these “Ricotta Pinwheels” without any guilt. On top of that, it’s an ideal snack for people with diabetes condition (type 2) and for children for their school lunch boxes! It’s easy and fast to prepare, plus looks soooo delish..
- 1 classic or wholewheat wrap
- 2 tablespoon ricotta
- 4-5 radishes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- pinch of salt
- ¼ lemon juice
- Spread the wrap and cover it with a thin ricotta layer.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs, salt and few lemon juice drops.
- Wash radishes and slice them thinly, placing them on top of ricotta spread.
- Roll the wrap like a pancake and slice into 1 inch (2-3 cm) thick pinwheels.
Ricotta Pinwheels is a nutritionally well balanced quick snack with only 5 minutes of a prep time.
I have a small tip for those who have kids and wish to pack this delicious treat in their lunch box; chop herbs very very thin so that you can mix them better with ricotta.. If your darlings are picky eaters, they won’t recognise herbs that easily once they are chopped well 😉
As simple and vibrant, both you and kids can easily eat this snack with your hands.
So, is it worth trying out?