Stuffed chicken breast is a meal commonly prepared in Mediterranean home kitchens. You only need 5 main ingredients, the meal is light, flavourful, and usually done under 30 minutes no matter how many hungry members your family has! Stuffing varies from place to place, this time I decided to bring closer to you a Greek styled stuffed chicken breast I prepare often in my own kitchen. It’s delicious!
Stuffed Chicken Breasts Greek Style
Total Time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Per Serving 419 calories
Fat 18 g
Carbs 2 g
Protein 58 g
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon snipped dried tomatoes (ideally NOT oil packed)
- 100 grams crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons softened fat free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- greens or spinach to serve with
- olive oil for cooking
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes in a small bowl and add enough boiling water to cover the tomatoes. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Drain tomatoes and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, cut a pocket in each chicken breast by cutting horizontally through the thickest portion to (but not completely through) the opposite side.
- In a small bowl combine feta cheese, cream cheese, basil, tomatoes and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Spoon around 1 tablespoon into the pocket in each chicken breast half.
- If necessary, secure openings with wooden toothpicks.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken in the hot oil for 12-14 minutes (or until no pink remains), turning once.
- If desired, serve chicken with salad or spinach.
Sometimes, we simply don’t have time to cook 25 ingredient meals for 2 hours. These quick recipes are ideally for anyone really. I also included possible swaps, give it a try;
Hope you enjoyed the recipe and spent your saved time with the loved ones instead in the kitchen.