Well, actually a mini brunch 😉 Who doesn’t love Sundays?? Seriously, Sundays are simply sweet, relaxing and dreamy! Sunday Brunch is the best way how to tell your loved ones you care…and the best way to pamper yourself.
Sunday are usually lazy. The thought of getting up and preparing breakfast for 2 hours can kill even the strongest ones and there’s no shame in that.. Here I prepared for you few mini recipes on how to make your Sunday mornings even sweeter, most of the ingredients you already probably have at home 😉
- 125 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 125 ml (around 1 cup) milk
- 30 ml (1/4 cup) coconut oil
- 1 free range egg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- handful blueberries (or any other fruit you love!)
- Heat up your waffle maker.
- In a bowl beat up an egg, add flour, milk, coconut oil, sugar, baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Mix everything well till smooth and use a spoon to place mixture onto the waffle machine.
- Now, you'll find in some recipes an instruction to use an oil in a spray and to spray the waffle maker before you pour your mixture in.. Nowadays, most waffle makers come with a non-stick surface and coconut oil is non-sticky enough, no need for extra grease.
- Once your waffles are golden, take them out, pour honey over and sprinkle with blueberries. Yummy!
- 2 slices of wholewheat bread (rye or spelt is an awesome option too)
- 4 tablespoons ricotta
- few strawberries
- handful chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon honey
- few walnuts
- Halve your bread slices and spread ricotta over.
- Top with washed strawberries, chives and walnuts and drizzle with honey.
Ricotta, strawberries and honey are always the best combo. But how about adding a bit of texture (and amazing vitamin B6 + magnesium) in a form of walnut and breaking the sweetness with awesome chives?
I guarantee you this will become one of your fav snacks ever 🙂
Last but not least..
- 2 slices of a wholewheat bread (or a simple toast bread)
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and sliced
- 1/2 lime
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- black pepper to season with
- Cut your toast into smaller pieces and top with mashed avocado.
- Add chopped cherry tomatoes and chives, season well with salt and pepper.
- At the end squeeze a bit of lime juice over your mini toasts for the acidic kick avocado needs.
Happy Sunday Brunching loves!